Index Pleroma Mission Pleroma Missions in Cambodia Prayer Items, December, 2020
Pleroma Missions in Cambodia Prayer Items
By Debbie Choy (Field Director) and Heather Hui (Field Vice Director) | December, 2020
Pleroma School for Girls (PSG)
After 8 months, we finally reopened the school.
Praise the Lord, our classes resumed on 27 November. Classes had been suspended for over 8 months. We pray that the case number in Cambodia would remain low and the girls' studies would not be affected. We pray that the girls can resume learning soon, including 7 of our PHG girls. Please also pray for our teachers and supporting staff, as more administrative arrangements have to be made with class resuming under the epidemic.
- We are thankful that we have recruited a human resources staff for the whole ministry. We pray that he will adjust and work well with us.
- Please pray for the recruitment of new teachers. Please also pray for our teachers in middle management that they can fully assume their role and pray for good cooperation between teachers.
- We are planning to recruit brothers and sisters from overseas to teach at PSG, may the Lord prepare for us.
Pleroma Home for Girls (PHG)
- Please pray for the work of our colleagues, especially with the impact from COVID-19.
- Please pray for three of our girls that have returned to the community, one of them is being transferred to a home of another missionary organisation from Hong Kong to continue her studies in Phnom Penh.
- Praise the Lord, three of our recent court cases have won. Six cases are still being handled, may the Lord show His justice.
- Please pray for Project2020, which is the dormitory for PHG and PHW. May God lead us through the whole process, grant us enough wisdom and prepare necessary resources for. We hope that we can provide a better environment for the girls & women, so that they can receive suitable treatment.
A few brothers and construction workers were
discussing how to solve the flooding problem
inside Pleroma Home for Girls.
Pleroma Home for Women (PHW)
- Please pray for the health of our women and children, as one of the women is seven months pregnant.
- We are thankful that our women can still learn to make handicraft during the epidemic, which has become a sort of encouragement and therapy to them.
- Please pray for both the physical and emotional health and safety of our colleagues who have to travel to other provinces.
- We plan to start a scholarship/subsidy scheme in our two homes, may the Lord guide us.
- Thank you for all those who supported us financially, so that the two homes could financially support families in need every month. A total of 46 families, including four infants, have received help.
Pleroma Community Center (PCC)
- 24 children have enrolled in our community tutorial class and we will resume classes on 1 December. We pray that the Lord will help us all with our adjustment, and bless us with health and peace. We also pray that the children will not only grow in knowledge, but in virtue and spirituality as well.
- We thank the Lord that the community food bank has helped 18 families. We hope to get in touch with more families and to share food and God's love with them. We are also thankful to the brothers and sisters that supported this scheme financially.
- We are planning to recruit new staff and hope that this could make our services more comprehensive and complete.
Support us here.